[pmwiki-users] Groups and files and changing one's mind

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 19 10:55:30 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 11:02:48AM -0500, Scott Connard wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I realize I can rename files in Unix, but I notice that each file's
> name is imbedded in the file's contents.  The Main.RecentChanges and
> Site.AllRecentChanges files need to be considered too.  The rename
> cookbook item seems to let me perform this action, but only one file
> at a time (yuck).

Normally I just rename the file(s).  This does mean that some of the
internal references may be incorrect (e.g., for backlinks),
but PmWiki automatically corrects things as each page is edited and
saved.  (And I don't worry that RecentChanges has links to non-existent
pages -- it's the same as if they were deleted and recreated in the
new name.)

I'm still wanting to add a "rebuild" function that allows pages
to be re-indexed in bulk; I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
(It's never been an issue for me.)