[pmwiki-users] Note on tooltip options

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Sat Mar 18 15:17:48 CST 2006

On 3/18/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:

> Other than the fact that it might break existing markup, I would say
> get rid of the [[ Link Text -> http://www.example.com ]] markup
> altogether. It never made sense to me, the GUI link buttons in the
> edit window don't generate it, and we have a perfectly good markup
> that does the same job using one fewer character. (I never use it as a
> result.)
>
> To ease the transition, deprecate it now by freezing its behavior and
> removing it from docs as a suggested markup.

Keep it with a small change.  I use it quite often, because my mind suggests
the link text before it figures out what the link target should be be.
Because -> is awkward to type frequently, I modified the markup rule to
accept [[Link Text > http://www.example.com ]]. Much simpler to type that
way. (It still accepts -> as well.)

I'm not giving it up; that one's in my fingers.

Bronwyn