[pmwiki-users] %newwin% usage

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Fri Mar 17 10:59:49 CST 2006

I have seen %newwin% written up on some Links page, but did not find
it on the Master Markup page.

Of course I needed to learn details about it because I obviously
didn't understand its behavior from the limited documentation I did
find.  Setting %newwin% prior to a link causes that link to open in a
new window, but it also affects all the other links in that paragraph
(or some following clump of text).  Eventually it reverts back to
normal, but I don't know when.

Just to be silly, I added a %samewin% AFTER my first link and that
fixed the problem, but I can't find that markup documented anywhere.

What's up??

Test case 1:

%newwin%[[link to some page in a new window]] and [[this also links
to a new window]]

Test case 2:

%newwin%[[link to some page in a new window]]%samewin% and [[this
links in the current window]]