[pmwiki-users] annoying behavior of AllRecentChanges

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Mar 17 08:50:33 CST 2006

At 2006-03-17  08:38 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>I've never tried this, but one could conceivably reformat the line
>to get successive edits of a page by a single author into a single
>record:
>
>     $RecentChangesFmt['Site.AllRecentChangesPerAuthor'] =
>       '* [[{$FullName}]] $[by] $AuthorLink  . . . $CurrentTime:
> [=$ChangeSummary=]';
>
>Note the two spaces after "$AuthorLink".  This will combine changes
>of the same page by the same author into a single entry, but edits
>from different authors will generate new entries.  It technically
>doesn't show every edit --  it just shows the last edit for each
>page by each author.
>
>(Just to see if this works or not, I've now enabled the above on
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/AllRecentChangesPerAuthor, we'll
>see how it goes.)
>
>Does that get close enough, or is the fact that lines still get
>replaced going to be too confusing?

I think this does exactly what I want with one untestable feature - I
can't tell if it will combine my edit records if they are more than
<some time period> apart. (Not a necessity in my case, just a nice-to-have.)

I edited the sandbox twice and only my last edit showed. But neither
one wiped out your edit record. Looks good to me. Thanks!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668