[pmwiki-users] Request: Transparent PNGs in PmWiki

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Mar 17 02:45:41 CST 2006

OK, I got it to work.  I hadn't realised styled DIVs were so
straightforward.  Here's what works:

(:div style='[=width:300px; height:200px; padding:0px; filter:progid:
DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src="
http://www.yoursite.com/uploads/Main/trans.png", sizingMethod="image")=]':)
(:divend:)

The style='[= ... =]' structure is needed otherwise PmWiki trips over the
colons in the filter string.  Good thing I learnt that trick earlier today
with my linefeed problem!  :-)

The problem is that in browsers other than IE, this displays as an empty
block.  Of course in non-IE browsers, you just use the standard Attach: and
all is well.

So the question now is, how do condition on browser type?  I assume some
sort of variable will need to be created and then enclose each method in
mutually exclusive (:if:) tags using this variable?

--
Allister