[pmwiki-users] Wiki farm confusion

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Mar 16 14:31:07 CST 2006

The Editor schrieb:
> The word "barn" is just a useful "markup" for "the place where most of
> the PmWiki code is found" in a "farm installation"

I wouldn't want to differentiate between a "farm installation" and a
"non-farm installation". This kind of wording is what makes me not feel
at home; it evokes unpleasant recollections of having to reinstall
entire operating systems just because a single question in a lengthy
setup process was answered incorrectly.

If I understand things correctly, a "farm installation" is just a normal
wiki that happens to sponsor its code (and some of its configuration)
for another wiki.

Regards,
Jo