[pmwiki-users] Another authuser question...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 16 07:08:00 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:12:15AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> > While I'm thinking about it, is there any way to set a page so that a
> > person can only edit it if their AuthId happens to match the page
> > name?

> I suppose we could come up with a special identifier or group to
> be put in the password field that means "AuthId same as page Name", i.e.
>
>     id:{$Name}

This would work for my personal needs, and perhaps a recipe could be
added just for those who want this feature, with appropriate
disclaimers.  We would not need to put it in any of the password
documentation.  Could someone suggest exactly how to do this?

Caveman

Note:  it occurred to me there might be problems if the username
starts with a lowercase letter, as I've noticed the name variable is
automatically given an initial capital.