[pmwiki-users] RFC: PITS 00701 -- WikiFarm confusion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 15:49:17 CST 2006

Oops, I missed a point...

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:34:18PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> The slogan "separate code from data" doesn't adequately describe what I
> had in mind; it ignores that some components of a PmWiki installation
> could be partly local, partly global: recipes, skins, configuration,
> pages. It's more like a fallback mechanism.

As I mentioned, wikifarms already do this,  with the possible
exception of recipes:

  - skins can be in the pub/skins/ directory of either the farm or field

  - configuration can be done globally to a farm and locally to a field

  - each field can have its own local pages, as well as share a
    set of global pages from the farm

I just don't see that we need to substantially change things
for the sake of recipes, especially when it's not at all
difficult to get them to work now.