[pmwiki-users] RFC: PITS 00701 -- WikiFarm confusion

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Mar 15 12:01:05 CST 2006

At 2006-03-15  12:48 PM -0500, DaveG is rumored to have said:
>>* A field is a single wiki with a unique URL. Each field lives in
>>its own directory.
>I'd remove the first sentence. It adds little. Thus:
>"Each field lives in its own directory, which is usually outside of
>the pmwiki farm directory."

Except that under my definitions, there is no such thing as a "farm
directory". There are just fields which together form a farm. One of
those fields is special, in that the code lives there - the home field.

The fact that the URL is unique is important, because if it is not,
then why use a farm? If an admin wants to segregate pages without
creating a new URL, they should be using groups.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668