[pmwiki-users] The New AuthUser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 16:36:06 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:44:27PM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Last August I put together a mySQL-based authentication model that
> used a punBB user table to authenticate for PmWiki. I believe the
> documentation is in the Cookbook.
>
> Basically what I did was pull the records from the database, populate
> the users array in AuthUser, and then allowed PmWiki to do its
> authentication. The solution should have held up.

It does (or at least it should have, I tried to keep it workable).

But in the interest of being slightly more resource-friendly,
the version of the mysql authentication I'm wanting to create
would fetch only the single record associated with authid=,
rather than fetch all of the records and storing them into the
$AuthUser array (which could eat up a lot of space).