[pmwiki-users] Update pmwiki using perl scripts

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:00:51 CST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:06:45PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > Just for the record (and this probably deserves a cookbook or
> > > documentation page somewhere)...
> >
> > I'd be happy to start such a page, any idea on a suitable name? Perhaps
> > something containing "API", e.g. PmWiki.API or PmWiki.API-Editing.
>
> I'd go for PmWiki.EditingAPI .  There's two levels of API -- the
> "external" API for utilities to be able to post PmWiki pages,
> and the "internal" API for recipes to be able to hook into PmWiki's
> editing sequence.

Hmm.. shouldn't we call it PmWiki.ExternalAPI then (or PmWiki.API-External)

For that matter, doesn't it make sense to have a page PmWiki.API which
says what you just said, i.e. that there's the internal API and the
external API, followed by links to the relevant pages?

> > >     authpw=password
> > >     authid=username
> > >
> > > (PHP sessions that are already authorized for editing don't
> > > need to re-send the authpw and authid fields, but they do have to
> > > send the session cookie.)
> >
> > Is it enough to send 'authpw=...' and 'authid=...' when using Apache basic
> > access, or is that a separate issue?
>
> Ummmm, I'm confused by the question.  authpw= and authid= are just the
> parameters for PmWiki's session-based authentication.  For Apache/HTTP
> Basic authentication, one would have send the information according to
> the HTTP Basic protocol (i.e. as headers in the HTTP request).

Thanks, you answered my question. In order to satisfy Apache I need to use
headers, in order to satisfy PmWiki I need to give 'authpw=' etc in the
URI. Correct?

/Christian