[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 18:42:05 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 03:36:25PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > Also, I think there will be some entries that might not fit well on
> > any other documentation page; in this case they may just be left
> > on the PmWiki.FAQ page itself.
>
> How about a "Miscellaneous" page for those?  A FAQ page with 100%
> (:pagelist:) Q/As could be an effective way to reach a lot of the
> goals we've been discussing.

We can do a MiscellaneousFAQ, no problem.

> I think it's essential that #anchors will be usable in the FAQ section
> of a document and in the FAQ page itself.  (I can't seem to reach
> pmwiki.org to test that right now.)

I haven't tested them either, but I purposely tried to set
things up so that anchors on FAQ questions will work.  The anchor
appears in both the FAQ page and its original location, thus

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageHistory#removepagehistory
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ#removepagehistory

both refer to the same question (but displayed on different pages).