[pmwiki-users] AuthUser problem - lines order in local config

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 10:38:21 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 05:07:57PM +0100, OBUTEX / Hladůvka wrote:
> Would someone check the parts of my local config?
> Is the text blocks order A, B, ... ,G  correct ?
>
> Any advice will be appretiated.
>
> Jiri
> ---------
> #=A=
> $Conditions['member'] = '@$GLOBALS["AuthList"][$condparm] > 0';

Fine.

> #=B=
> ## DefaultPasswords
> $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array(crypt('somepwd'), 'id:*');
>
> $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('somepwd1);
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('somepwd1');

Missing a close quotation markup on the 'attr', but other than
that this is fine.

> #=C=
> # ------------------------------------------
>     ## Define usernames and passwords.
> $Authuser['Jiri'] = crypt('somepwd1');

It should be $AuthUser and not $Authuser.  I don't know if
the capital 'U' makes a difference.

> #=D=
>    $AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'local/.htpasswd'; # A passwd-formatted file
>    $AuthUserHtPasswd = 'local/.htpasswd'; # A passwd-formatted file
> #=F=
> include_once("cookbook/htpasswdform.php");

PmWiki no longer uses $AuthUserHtPasswd, but perhaps the
htpasswdform.php recipe needs it.  Have you tried things with
this recipe commented out?

> #=G=
>    ## Enable authentication based on username.
>     include_once('scripts/authuser.php');
>
> #=E=
> ## Let Author = AuthId
> if (@$AuthId) $Author = $AuthId;
>
> #=F=    IS THIS STILL NECESSARY ??
> ##adds action=logout

You have two "#=F=" sections?  PmWiki has a built-in ?action=logout,
so this is no longer needed.  Try removing it and see if that helps
anything.

> #=G=
> ## ... and PmWiki.PasswordsAdmin.
>  $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('somepwd1');

It's probably a good idea to set this before calling authuser.php,
along with all of the other DefaultPasswords.  (It shouldn't
make a difference, but...)

So, try some of those changes, and then let us know how it goes
so we can troubleshoot it further.