[pmwiki-users] Thumbnail Auto-size by Height

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 11 16:47:12 CST 2006

Could it be possible, in a recipe or better yet in the core, to auto
size thumbnails by height as well as by width?  Right now it's

%thumb%Attach:foo.img Width is 100px, height is proportional
%thumb width=NNN%Attach:foo.img Width is NNNpx, height is proportional
%thumb height=NNN%Attach:foo.img Width is 100px, height is NNNpx.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ThumbnailResize

I'm going for

%thumb height=NNN% Height is NNNpx, width is proportional.

I know from image-gallery-script experience that people like to have
rows of thumbnails with varying aspect ratios that all have the same
height.  I'm looking for a simple way for authors to make that happen.

Hagan

p.s.: Mainly what I'm going for is an option to easily whip up
attractive mini-galleries using the Image Thumb Link recipe:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImageThumbLink

Mixing heights doesn't look so good.  Calculating the widths to avoid
it isn't much fun.