[pmwiki-users] Setting Skins for Individual Groups

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 07:21:22 CST 2006

Saturday, March 11, 2006, 1:07:30 PM, Patrick wrote:
> My guess is that any skin-defined markups won't work, since the skin
> isn't loaded until after markup processing has begin and the markup
> tables have been built.

> Does this seem like it would be a problem for any skins...?

> We could see about adjusting the MarkupToHTML function to
> reload the markup rules and rebuild the markup table if the
> rules change in the middle of processing.  But I'm curious to
> know if it's a problem at all -- could someone test it and
> let me know?

Yes, you are right. Custom markup of skin xyz is ignored if skin is
loaded via (:skin xyz:).

Not sure if this is a big problem. I know now that certain features
of my skins won't work if loaded this way, so it is imposing
restrictions, but not breaking things fundamentally. So if you could
built an exception rule to reload markup rules in case a different
skin gets called it would be great.

Best,
~Hans