[pmwiki-users] Was ApprovedUrls deleted recently or something?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 15:27:19 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:43:07PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> I had some problems editing a page because I got the error message "This
> pos has been blocked by the administrator" (or something like that).
>
> It might have happened because I was inserting too many unapproved links
> in one go, or was the page that lists approved links recently cleared or
> something?

No, the approved links is still three -- probably too many unapproved
sites at once.

> As an aside, I was using pmwiki-mode for Emacs, which unfortunately meant
> that I got no warning that the the edit post was blocked :-(
>
> That finally leads me to the following suggestion: Could PmWiki output
> some kind of error message relatively early in the HTML which you get
> after an unsuccessful post? This message could simply be an embedded
> HTML-comment as far as I'm concerned.

Sure, I can probably add that somewhere -- likely a comment in the
<head> section.

The other thing to look for is that a successful post always results
in a redirect (i.e., status 302 or 301 or something), while an
unsuccessful post results in a 200.