[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 9 13:34:46 CST 2006

On 3/9/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 8:46:20 PM, H. wrote:
> > Also, indenting a block
>
>          like this, with leading spaces
>
> > is skin-unfriendly and cut-and-paste unfriendly.  Indenting a block
>
> -> [@
> like this, using indented block markup
> @]
>
> > is skin friendly and doesn't require removing leading spaces from a
> > pasted block of text.
>
> > At one time I thought the second method was to become the preferred
> > style for pmwiki.org, but I've noticed Pm, Hans, and many other
> > frequent authors are using leading spaces these days.
>
> Thanks for making me aware of this method. I like it and will use it
> in future. In fact you can write
>
> ->[@preformatted text
> preformatted text
> preformatted text
> @]
>
> no space needed between -> and [@

Both appear identical, but originally Pm said to use the space because
the results without it were not predictable (or somethig like that).
I've been using the space "just to be sure".

<searches...>

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/16502/match=not+sure+about+this+one

See also: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Block-In-A-Div

Earlier in the week I asked Pm to make the first two examples on that
page look the same, but he declined for now because it might break
existing content.

I think the last one would be a reasonable default wikistyle so we could use

%code% [@
Bla bla
@]

Is that any more author-friendly than

-> [@
Yadda yadda
@]

though?  In one way it is.  An author can more easily add additional
style attributes to the wikistyle version.  (Otherwise it
double-applies the wikistyle.)

Hagan