[pmwiki-users] defining access rights per group other in seperate file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 08:40:49 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 06:22:04PM +0100, Thomas Lederer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe i miss a point, but here is the idea:
>
> We would like to base the access rights on the information in our ldap
> server. For this we are able to create files in the syntax of AuthUser:
>
> @team1: ldapid1, ldapid2, etc...
> @team2: ldapid1, ldapid5, etc...
>
> can i use such a file to define the rights? And how do i do this? (Other
> than Site.AuthUser, cause the files would be updated nightly by a cron.)

At the moment authuser.php doesn't know how to get group memberships
from anywhere other than the Site.AuthUser page.  I'll see if I can
update this soon.

> On a second question: can i define user rights per (membership in) unix
> groups?

I might be able to come up with an option for this, assuming that
the unix groups are being maintained in /etc/group or a similarly
formatted file that is readable by the webserver.