[pmwiki-users] fmt=authtable, displaying lists of protected pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 8 15:34:31 CST 2006

On Mar 6, Christophe David wrote:
> On 3/6/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've just released pmwiki-2.1.beta35, now available from
> >
> > *** With the changes made in beta34 and beta35, I think the only major
> > steps remaining for the 2.1.0 release are to clean up the PmWiki
> > documentation.
> >

> Is there still a chance to have the fmt=authtable implemented (labeled as
> "slated for 2.1 in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00565).

Short answer:  I've decided not to try to get fmt=authtable
into the 2.1.0 release.

Longer (better) answer:  This isn't to say I think this isn't important --
I *know* it's important.  The problem is that I haven't
yet come up with an overall output format and structure for this
that I think is good enough to place into the core.

However, I recognize that people really need the capability, and that
it would be better to have a mediocre implementation available somewhere
(that we can improve upon) than to have nothing at all.  So, what I'm
likely to do for this feature is to prototype some ideas as cookbook
recipes, which we can then refine and improve upon.  When we come up with
something reasonable, it can be easily added to the core.