[pmwiki-users] Generated pages upload via FTP

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 17:03:14 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:53:18PM +0100, OBUTEX / Hladůvka wrote:
> I generate a lot of pages and test them on my notebook and everything is OK.
> (WinXPP, AbyssWebserver)
> [...]
> Then I decided to upload them on public server (webhosting - linux,
> PHP4) and there are the pages corrupted.
> Title,Pagelists,advanced tables markups do not work, toc markup is OK ...
> [...]
> I tried a  lot of variants of file format with no success.
> the last version of the format is:
>
> newline=%0a<CR,LF>
> title=some title<CR,LF>
> text=(:title some title:)%0a(:pagelist ....... :)%0a
>
> In my notebook it works perfectly, in intranet it works perfectly, but I
> can get crazy on
> http://www.obutex.com/crm/index.php/Test/Faktury

The Linux version of PHP appears to be getting confused by the
carriage returns in the page files (I'm not sure why).  For now,
try transfering the files using "ASCII" transfer mode instead of
binary, so that it will automatically convert CR,LF to LF and
vice versa as appropriate.

Oh, wait, I bet I do know why... under Linux, the

    newline=%0a<CR,LF>

is telling PmWiki that the newline separator is "%0a<CR>", because
in Unix a newline is just an <LF> by itself.  I don't have a quick
fix for this at the moment, but transferring the files in ASCII
mode should work.