[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Mar 6 16:05:16 CST 2006

Hans schrieb:

> I am not sure how relevant  Votes: are. A popularity indicator is all
> fine and good, but may be also meaningless for some special purpose recipes.

In addition to what Pm wrote, I'd also like to point out that the
popularity of a recipe helps newcomers decide which recipes are likely
to be interesting.
When I install some software, I like to get a list of add-ons, ranked by
vote count; then I check the first few entries to see whethere there's
something that I didn't think of but which might be interesting anyway.

Regards,
Jo