[pmwiki-users] Delete pages are still listed by (:pagelist...:)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:47:12 CST 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, H. Fox wrote:
>
> > On 3/4/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> > <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I just noticed that pages that I've deleted by deleting the actual page
> > > file are still listed by (:pagelist:). This is despite that I aferwards
> > > deleted the file
> > >
> > >         wiki.d/.linkindex
> > >
> > > What is going on here? Am I looking for the wrong file, or is the
> > > information somehow stored in RAM by PhP?
> >
> > If there's a wiki.d/.pageindex file, delete that.
>
> No, no such file there... 'find . -iname ".p*"' returns empty.
>
> What the heck is going on here? I tried restarting the webserver but that
> doesn't make a difference.
>
> Is there someway that I can diagnose this?

Bah... I finally figured it out. Not sure if this is a bug.

In my case I hadn't really deleted the page, but instead moved them into a
new subdirectory of wiki.d/ called 'deleted'. The somewhat surprising
result to me was that (:pagelist:) found these pages....

Should (:pagelist:)  automatically look in all subdirectories of wiki.d?
(It's a good behaviour if you do use subdirectories, but maybe it should
be controlled via some variable?)

cheers
/Christian