[pmwiki-users] ajax-like skins (was: new recipe ShowHide)

Robin Sheat robin at kallisti.net.nz
Thu Mar 2 16:00:15 CST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 05:06, Jon Haupt wrote:
> Anyhow, I think this kind of thing would make a great PmWiki skin and
> I'm thinking this recipe could be a good first step toward something
> like that.
The _big_ issue with AJAX for something like this, is linkability. You
have to design it such that you can tell someone "go here to see the
difference" or "go here to edit the page". If you don't design with
bookmarkability in mind, then this is impossible. Not that it's a bad
idea, but something to keep in mind.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian at jabber.kallisti.net.nz>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D