[pmwiki-users] Putting ".html" extensions onto pages

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Mar 1 13:16:05 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
>>Case 3: With PathInfo and a CleanUrls recipe. Wikipage URLs start with a
>>lowercase letter (in the a-z range). All other URLs are non-PmWiki URLs
>>that are served without PmWiki intervention.
>
> I'm a little confused about that "Wikipage URLS start with
> a lowercase letter" part.

Oops... I got that one wrong.

I meant to write this:
URLs starting with a lowercase letter in the a-z range are non-PmWiki
URLs, everything else is a PmWiki page.

 > (The newer version
> of the CleanUrls recipe tends to look for the existence of a targeted
> file or directory to decide if the request should be passed along
> to PmWiki.)

I'd recommend against looking what files are there and deciding what to
do later. Say you have a page named LICENSE, and a new version of PmWiki
place a LICENSE file in the installation directory...

IMHO, it's better if the namespace is clearly divided: lowercase letters
for stuff served from the file system, everything else goes to PmWiki.
(With the obvious exceptions associated with $EnableDirectDownload.)

Regards,
Jo