[pmwiki-users] Putting ".html" extensions onto pages

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Wed Mar 1 08:29:58 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:42:10AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
>>I've been planning to add an extension that will allow PmWiki
>>to ignore trailing ".html" extensions on pagenames, and to generate them
>>on page links, but just haven't completed that yet.
>

> A question for the list:  I'm thinking of setting the core distribution
> so that it ignores any ".html" extension that happens to appear at
> the end of a pagename in a url.  For example, PmWiki would treat
> the following urls as equivalent requests for the Main.WikiSandbox:
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox.html

If I'm reading this right:

I find a page I want to share with my friends,
go to the top of the FireFox window,
copy the URL :   www.asdf.jklsde/qwert/uyiop.htm
paste that string into the wiki-code.

The program will convert it to
www.asdf.jklsde/qwert/uyiop.html

Assuming that's right, then what will happen if
1. the site is really .htm
2. there's a .htm and .html file in the same directory? (Yeah, shoot the
person who did it, but it's still there.)

Susan