[pmwiki-users] Having difficult with .htaccess files

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Jun 29 03:47:32 CDT 2006

phenotype schrieb:
> # Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
> RewriteEngine On
> # Define the rewrite base.
> RewriteBase /wiki
> # Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
> RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
> # Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
> RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
> # Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
> RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]
>
> The /wiki directory is in my site root (/var/www/html/), and I want
> the wiki to appear at the /wiki directory, as you can tell.

Ah, the standard recipe doesn't cover that.
Try prefixing all calls to pmwiki.php with wiki/ .
You may have to remove the RewriteBase setting.

If you can reconfigure Apache, switch on rewrite logging. It will tell
you what rewrite rules get triggered and what they do (and if you bump
up the logging level to 2, you'll also see the effects of RewriteBase).
You'll probably need root access to reconfigure Apache though.

Regards,
Jo