[pmwiki-users] Attach in farm

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Jun 25 09:06:09 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:51:29PM +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm missing something obvious, I'm sure. I can upload to my farm wiki,
> > but I can't Attach any files from farm uploads location, because the
> > generated URLs are pointing to the home wiki. (:attachlist:) shows the
> > expected files.
> >
> > I looked through the docs, but couldn't find any reference to 'farm' in
> > the upload or attach docs.
> >
> > Is there a variable that I should be setting or summat?
>
> At the moment, the best way to get uploads from out of a farm wiki

Does this imply the intent for native Attach to work at some point?

> (or any of the farm's wikis, for that matter) is to define an
> InterMap shortcut for them.
>
>     FarmAttach:    /url/to/farm/uploads/%1

Is the %1 to indicate a variable or should I replace it with a hard-
coded the farm name? (I couldn't find a reference to variables in the
InterMap docs.)

I have working:

    FarmAttach:    /url/to/farm/uploads/farmname/

One problem with this is that it breaks the flash.php recipe that I
am/was using - and, presumably, other similar recipes.

I'm not sure of the best direction to take here. I would prefer to have
everything in a farm wiki in its file structure, but moving items to the
home wiki means that uploaded files can be accessed. Perhaps it might be
better for me to hack the upload code to always place files in the home
wiki (in the case of farm uploads), but then there is the risk of a
group name clash between wikis.

Any recommendations, please?

--
Best,