[pmwiki-users] (:searchlist:), another format

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 23 11:51:30 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:16:18AM +0200, Daniel Hofer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've found some information about pagelists for my problem but nothing
> with searchlists.
>
> I try to configure my Site.Search page.
>
> What I want is the standard searchlist, but instead of pagenames I would
> like to have page titles. But, and this is important, with the groups
>
> I tried an easy way which doesn't work;-)
> (:searchlist fmt=#bygroup,#title:)
>
> Or can I use also a template like with pagelists?

The searchresults already use pagelist templates (they are in fact
the same bit of code).  There are two ways that you can customize
the output results from a search:

1.  You can define a custom pagelist template, and then use that
    in the Site.SearchPage by changing the (:searchresults:)
    directive to read something like:

        (:searchresults fmt=#title:)

2.  You can define a new #default template in Site.LocalTemplates
    that will be used for all (:searchresults:) and (:pagelist:)
    directives that don't have a fmt= parameter.