[pmwiki-users] Passing variables from one page to another

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Jun 23 08:36:59 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been looking over Hagan's suggestion some more and found it works
beautifully for passing variables from one page to another.  I put for
example a local config file for Main.SandboxTest like such:

<?php
$FmtPV['$MyName'] = @$_GET['myname'];
$FmtPV['$MyPass'] = @$_GET['mypass'];

Then on the page itself I wrote

{$MyName}\\
{$MyPass}

Finally, (or I should say initially), I put:

[[Main.SandboxTest?myname=Joe?mypass=Hello|Test]]

When I click this second link, both bits of data show up.  Beautifully.

Now here's my next question:  I'm trying to modify the FAST Membership
Recipe so that in addition to creating a new member account, it will
pass the new member name and password to the next page for use in a
form which will do some additional processing and send me an email.  I
tried changing the line below to the one after it, but it did not seem
to work.  Any suggestions anyone?

$redirect_page = $_REQUEST['redirect'];

$redirect_page = $_REQUEST['redirect'] + '?myname=' + $newName +
'?mypass=' + $newPass;

I'm not much of a php coder (learning!) and hope it's a minor problem.
 I posted the full "work in progress" version of the recipe at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Caveman/FASTMembership if anyone could take
a quick look at it.  The troubling line is highlighted in blue.
Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Caveman