[pmwiki-users] GoogleMap question

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:01:41 CDT 2006

On 6/22/06, David Spitzley <dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> I've discovered that the easiest way to get the latitude and longitude are to use Google Maps and look for the "ll=" term in the URL.  Now my only problems are:
>
> 1)  I can only get one message to appear, even though I'm setting the msg property in all gmapoints, and
> 2)  I can't get the zom property of the gmap directive to have any effect.  Regardless of whether I set zom to 9 or to 3, nothing changes.
>
> Here's a sample that makes both two points appear, but only produces the message on the second entry, and which shows a huge swath of Michigan.
>
> (:gmap zom=9:)
> (:gmapoint msg="21st Century Comics and Games<br />515 E. Grand River" lat=42.73617 lon=-84.478168 :)
> (:gmapoint msg="CD Warehouse<br />228 Abbott Rd." lat=42.737809 lon=-84.480057 :)
> (:gmap:)

David,

I will try to take a look at this on Saturday. Please, please, please
keep pinging me on this. I have three major deadlines in the next 10
days, but diagnosing should only take a little while. Shooting from
the hip (and not looking at the code this instant), I would guess the
message only works with one point, or that the code has a problem
telling the API about the message.

--
Ben Wilson
"Democracy: two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."