[pmwiki-users] Site performance - wikifarm vs. multiple independent installations?

Russ pmwiki at russhosting.com
Mon Jun 19 09:30:30 CDT 2006

I'm looking to convert a number of small, independent sites to PmWiki.
In light of the recent posts about server performance, my question is this:

In a shared hosting environment, would I obtain better performance from
having a wiki farm with 10 fields, or 10 separate PmWiki installations
in subdirectories? I anticipate the sites to be fairly low volume, but
would one or two more popular sites make a difference (say, in excess of
20,000 visits per month per site)?

Would the answer change for a dedicated server?

TIA,

Russ