[pmwiki-users] Summary line in PITS and Cookbook

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 17 18:02:48 CDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 04:59:29PM -0400, Pico wrote:
> The Cookbook and PITS groups both generate a "Summary: " line at the top
> of each new page.
>
> In the PITS group, the "Summary:"appears as the very first line of
> markup on every page.
>
> In the Cookbook group, however, the "Summary:"
> (1) appears as the second line of markup: the first line is used for the
> style: >>recipeinfo<<
> (2) does not appear on many older pages
> (3) appears on other lines on a few transitional pages
>
> It would be nice to get the Summary line to appear as the first line of
> markup on Cookbook pages.

Why is it important to have the Summary line appear as the first
line of markup?

Note that in the cookbook, one can already get the summary
information by using {$RecipeSummary} -- e.g.,:

    {Cookbook.RandomQuote$RecipeSummary}

displays the contents of the Summary: line from the Cookbook.RandomQuote
page

    Insert random quotes or markup into a page

As an example of where this is being used, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook-ByCategory ,
which uses (:pagelist:) to construct a list of cookbook recipes,
using the Summary line from each as the description.

(Also, we didn't start adding "Summary:" lines to recipes until
about three months ago, we just need people to update them as
appropriate.)

At any rate, I really prefer to keep the >>recipeinfo<< lines
in the individual cookbook pages.