[pmwiki-users] Save As Draft (was Re: Preventing vandalism)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jun 16 14:23:23 CDT 2006

At 2006-06-16  02:05 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>I think that at minimum the "Save" button would need to be
>"Save Draft", otherwise I fear the distinction is not entirely
>clear between "Save" and "Publish".
>
>I'm also wondering if some people would be confused by the term
>"Publish" -- anyone have any thoughts about that?
>
>But with those two thoughts in mind, I think that having $EnableDrafts
>also switch the buttons to read "Save Draft" and "Publish" makes a
>lot of sense.

"Save Draft" is the correct label to my mind.

I am not sure that I have any better suggestion, but "Publish"
conjures up all kinds of strange ideas.

I have the advantage (??) of not knowing how this is implemented from
an author's viewpoint. When I save a draft, does that mean it is
marked in some special way (big draft stamps in the background?) or
does it mean that no-one can see it yet? If the latter is true, how
the heck do I find it again to complete it?

If it is done with the draft stamps, then I would expect a button
called "Save Final" to do just that, and remove the draft stamp.

If it works some other way, I am not sure that I, or my other
co-authors, will understand what is going on.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/