[pmwiki-users] Pageindex and distributed documentation (Was Strange pagelist behaviour)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jun 15 11:42:06 CDT 2006

At 2006-06-15  10:46 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>But I'd still prefer to come up with some way for pageindex
>to quickly detect when a page might have been changed outside
>the normal wiki editing process (without having to actually
>rescan the page on each check).

I am not sure how practical or reliable this might be, but wouldn't a
file (page) changed outside of the normal wiki processes have a
different file system date? If pageindex stored the file system date
as part of its index, it could then detect changes made when it
wasn't looking. My big assumption here is that getting the file
system date is much less costly than rescanning the page.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/