[pmwiki-users] Can Pagelist filter on two link values?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 09:18:22 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:44:13PM -0400, David Spitzley wrote:
> Can Pagelist take two different values for the link= parameter?

At the moment, the link= parameter only understands a single
target page.

> Ideally I'd like to be able to do the following in Category.GroupFooter:
>
> !!Blog Entries
> (:pagelist -GroupTemplate fmt=simple link=Category.{$Name},Category.Blog list=normal:)
>
> !!Other Pages
> (:pagelist -GroupTemplate fmt=simple link=Category.{$Name},-Category.Blog list=normal:)
>
> But that doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Perhaps use a text argument to separate the blog entries from
the non-blog entries...?

    !! Blog Entries
    (:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} list=normal Category.Blog:)

    !! Other pages
    (:pagelist link=Category.{$Name} list=normal -Category.Blog:)

The first will include only those pages that have "Category.Blog"
in them somewhere.  The second will exclude those pages.

The only place where this would fail is if there's a page that
has "Category.Blog" in it as text that isn't really a category
link.  But that seems quite unlikely in practice.