[pmwiki-users] Need help with Site/AuthUser

Jen Gagne jen at beware-of-art.com
Wed Jun 14 17:20:18 CDT 2006

You must get a message like this VERY often, so I'd appreciate your patience and
help.

I have read the pages of the faq and the manual, and I THINK I'm doing what they
say but I'm obviously wrong -- I still can't set up user accounts. The global
admin and attr passwords work, but not user accounts.

Here's my setup... I'm not sure which version I'm running, but I just installed
it the other day so it must be new-ish. (How do I find out my version, anyway?)

In config.php, I set up the admin and attr passwords. These aren't the real
values, just examples.
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = ('$1$Cuzw/XRe$RNKq3KAsaOXzyQgCaXrTw0');
$DefaultPasswords['attr'] = ('$1$Cuzw/XRe$RNKq3KAsaOXzyQgCaXrTw0');

I didn't set an 'edit' password since that would override my user accounts,
right?

Further down in config.php, I put:
include_once("scripts/authuser.php");
$Author = $AuthId;

Then I edited this page,
http://www.iamikon.com/pmwiki.php/Site/AuthUser
... to set up a list of user accounts based on the explanation there. Here's an
example entry:

JenGagne: $1$Cuzw/XRe$RNKq3KAsaOXzyQgCaXrTw0

Then I made myself part of the @cons group, like so:

@cons: StefanGagne, Twoflower, JenGagne

But, whenever I try to test the login, it doesn't work. It says "Name/password
not recognized"

It DOES let me in if I use the global admin password, but that just sidesteps
the issue, right?

Wondering if it was an issue with site.authuser, I tried an alternate approach
as suggested by http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser

As instructed there, I tried adding this type of line before including the
authuser.php script.
$AuthUser['JenGagne'] = '$1$CknC8zAs$dC8z2vu3UvnIXMfOcGDON0';

But alas, that doesn't work either.

I'm sure I'm screwing up some very obvious facet of this process, but I'm pretty
new to this... so, any advice VERY appreciated!

-=- Jen