[pmwiki-users] pagelist with additional information

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 13:39:39 CDT 2006

> --- Daniel Hofer <daho at borntofly.ch> wrote:
> I have pages with a title:
> (:title 25 May 2006, bill 34:)
>
> with a link like
> [[Billed.False]] or [[Billed.True]]
>
> Is it possible to define a pagelist with the title
> of the pages as item,
> but as second column, or after a comma separator,
> the above link.
>
> Example:
>
> Bills:
> * 25 May 2006, Billed.True
> * 26 May 2006, Billed.False
> * 27 May 2006, Billed.True

Am I missing something, where did the ",bill 34" go
from your sample titles?

Where does the True or False come from, the link in
each page?  [[Billed.False]] or [[Billed.True]]

Here are the ways I can think of to get that:

1) Put the link on each page in a special anchored
section:

[[#Billed]]
[[Billed.False]] or [[Billed.True]]
[[#BilledEnd]]

2) Use the trail feature to get it:

[[Billed.False]] or [[Billed.True]]

Must be at the beginning of the line, but could start
with *#... (see trail documentation page)

3) Look at the PageVariablesExtension recipe, I'm not
sure if you can get variables from other pages though.
 With a fix maybe?

> mhm, is there a chance with pagelist-templates or
> so?
> I don't know how to get the [[Billed...]] in my
> template.

1)

[[#BilledTemplate]]
* {=$Title}, (:include {=$FullName}#Billed:)
[[#BilledTemplateEnd]]

2)  This may not have the proper spacing (I think it
will put the second page list on a separate line)

[[#BilledTemplate]]
* {=$Title}, (:pagelist trail={=$FullName}
fmt=#BilledTF:)
[[#BilledTemplateEnd]]

The first template runs a pagelist for each and every
page to get the link on the page.

[[#BilledTF]]
(:if equal {=$Group} Billed:){=$FullName}(:if:)
[[#BilledTFEnd]]

Be sure to only have one Billed group link on the
page.

-Martin