[pmwiki-users] Setting general wiki-wide password

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jun 13 00:37:46 CDT 2006

At 2006-06-13  12:57 AM -0400, Donald Z. Osborn is rumored to have said:
>But the main question simply is, what do I do to set a (global)
>password for users of the site who wish to make ordinary
>amendments/edits to ordinary pages throughout the site? Do I set an
>admin password anyway, or give each page the same password
>individually, or (hopefully) something a lot simpler.

In the local/config.php file set:

         $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('put_the_edit_password_here');

That then requires authors to enter the password to be allowed to
edit any page.

Pages that are protected by default (most of the Site group pages)
can only be edited by an author giving the admin password, because it
overrides any protection.

You can protect entire groups by setting passwords on the GroupAttributes page.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/