[pmwiki-users] Preventing vandalism

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Jun 10 09:57:52 CDT 2006

Pico <pmwiki <at> ben-amotz.com> writes:

> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >> What happen with multiple edits prior to approval under such approaches?
>
> [snip]
>
> 1. Dynamically relabel the buttons when their function changes, i.e.
> when the document being edited ends with "-draft" change the labels to
> reflect the fact that the "Save" will now publish the draft to the
> original and that the Save As Draft will save this draft.

Or, better yet:

1. Save button
a. Always retain the same label: "Save"
a. Toggle the underlying functionality between
i. Save and
ii. Save As Draft applied to draft

2. Save As Draft
a. Toggle the label between
i. Save As Draft and
ii Publish
b. Toggle the underlying functionality between
a. Save (orginal) As Draft  and
b. Publish (draft to original)

Note that, aside from its own merits, Pm's proposal for the thread's
"Preventing vanalism" is just a matter of hiding the Save As Draft button
when it is in its publish state (to all but the moderator).

Pico

P.S. I don't mean to imply that my suggestion simplifies Pm's, because this
thread makes clear that the opposite is true: Pm's proposal can be applied
more generaly to simplify a solution to the concern I had.