[pmwiki-users] Growing pains -- prevention thereof

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Jun 8 10:38:15 CDT 2006

Still in early planning mode, but I need to make plans for when I do
have the time. I'll be doing simple sites for some community groups and
don't want to promise things I can't deliver.

I'd like multiple wikis, domain names and server accounts, with clean URLs.

One copy of the wiki engine, for ease of maintenance. Right now,
everything is in one wiki, in one folder.

I haven't looked very hard at CleanURLs and wiki farms yet, other than
to see there are several ways to do it.

I'm looking at:

www.domain1.com/pmwikiengine
www.domain1.com/wiki11  (also reachable from www.wiki1.domain1.com)
www.domain2.com/wiki21
www.domain2.com/wiki22

Questions:

Can I disguise the fact that domain2 is getting the wiki engine from
domain1 ? At least disguise it from the casual user. If so, how?

Can I still do it if the domains are on two different server accounts?
How much work will it be to move a wiki from my own account to another?

Any advice which cleanURL and wiki farm recipes are most likely to work
for this setup?

Thanks,

Sandy