[pmwiki-users] multilanguage - search machines listings

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Wed Jun 7 12:15:59 CDT 2006

Hi Donald,
> I am interested in this feature, as much of my work is multilingual or
> concerns diverse languages, but have not used it. So I'd like to hear
> more about its use and people's experience with it. TIA...  Don Osborn
>
>     I use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MultiLanguage nearly in
>     all of
>     my projects and I like it very much.

I use this in http://www.ecologee.net (which is a true open wiki), or
http://www.material-raum-form.com (which is a closed wiki).

They are working fine, although I am still not convinced, whether search
machine can index both separate versions of one URL.
The wikis above are working good together with a range of recipes,
although recently I came across some minor incompatibilities with
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GeneratePDF. If you do not need the
mentioned recipe I would recommend it to you and I wonder by when it is
included in the standard distribution, because it is indispensable
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=/gQPU.&search=indispensable>  in
each of my wikis.

regards, Stephan.