[pmwiki-users] Injecting Text Files Using Pywe (WAS: html2wiki)

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:07:54 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, José Geraldo Gouvêa <jggouvea at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Now, what? The generated wikitext must be inserted into a wiki page. Because
> PmWiki does not store the page content into a separate text file it is still
> necessary to open the page for editing. Perhaps in the future we find some
> way to improve this.

There is a way to add PmWiki source without "editing" a page.[1] Just
use Pywe's "--inject" option on the command line. Or, if you want to
inject a series of files, create a wrapper that injects the files into
Pywe. I'd been waiting for an excuse to implement this feature. This
is Pywe 1.2 released about five minutes ago.

Pywe interacts with the web server, which allows PmWiki do do all its
requisite house keeping without directly interracting with its
underlying software. This allows injection without having to be on the
server.

[1]: http://www.pmwiki/org/wiki/Cookbook/Pywe

--
Ben Wilson