[pmwiki-users] Edit preview and page view can render Profiles link differently

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 2 17:52:38 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 03:58:06PM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Could we get alway with a deadline to flag this page for removal? I
> know it's typically easier to flag something and then cycle back than
> to do the "fixen." This would also give a bit of review if a page is
> flagged before it's removed.
>
> Perhaps a [[!DeprecateByJuly2006]] category that can later be
> page-listed (Category.Deprecate*). This would allow everybody a chance
> to help out.

Probably '[[!Remove Me]] in July 2006' is better.  "Deprecate" is
normally something we do "right now" -- i.e., we say "right now"
that at some point in the future something might no longer be
around.

At the moment I don't think there's a way to wildcard categories,
although it's a thought.

> Along this line, we could also use '[[!Merge]] with Group.Pagename'
> for notes that contents of one page should be merged with another.

Looks good to me.

> Or, am I just becomming category happy?

Categories are "tags", tags are good.  I'd rather we have too many
than too few.  Besides, it's very easy to eliminate categories or
recategorize things.