[pmwiki-users] Group Title?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 14:07:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 01:37:09PM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Why not just us the title of the group home page?
> >
> > With the new Group/ syntax you can do {Group.$Title}
> >
> > :)
> >
> > -Martin
>
> I was just trying that:  Seems not.

Yes, it does.

> Besides, sometimes the title of the group's home page is
> page-specific, rather than appropriate to the group.

This is why I recommended GroupAttributes as opposed to
the group's home page.

> Just tried on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox (quick,
> before it evaporates!)

Note that this is what pmwiki.org's Test group is designed for --
a place to put tests of markup and other features.  And then the
pages don't disappear as quickly.  :-)

> {Group.$Title} => Group
> {Main/HomePage$Title} =>Home Page for the Main Group

Note that {Group.$Title} returns the title of the home page
for a group called "Group".  If you want to get the title of the
home page of main, use {Main.$Title} .

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/GroupTitle .