[pmwiki-users] New definition list functionality

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Jun 1 13:37:45 CDT 2006

Pm,

I noticed the definition list on the notify page: *VERY cool*

How does it work?

Here is what I am observing:

(1) The terms of the definition list appear as links to the anchors on the
PmWiki/Notify page that point to the location of the definition item

(2) The markup for the definition lists appears to be ordinary, in that it is
simply a pairing of a term and definition separated by colons

(3) The term is unussual because it does not specify markup creating a link, or
markup escaping the special characters

(4) The markup is also unussual because I don't see any anchors being set.

(5) If I cut and paste a portion of the definition list to a separate page
(Test/DefinitionLists) the term links continue working and they continue
pointing back to the anchorded locations on the Notify Page.  If I copy and
paste a link and modify the term, it is no longer rendered as a link.

I am really excited about this.

Pico