[pmwiki-users] Newbie Q. Creating my own pages (am I being silly?)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 1 13:27:18 CDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> If there's a strong consensus that the documentation should be
> a separately downloaded module, we can certainly make that the
> case.  So far I've seemed to hear more comments that appreciate
> having the documentation locally available than comments saying
> it shouldn't be there.

I like having it there.  As the documentation improves and becomes
more complete it will be increasingly useful to have a local copy
reachable via the searchbox.

Currently it's about 170K of the tarball, about the size of a single
decent-quality 1024X768 JPEG image file.  The additional bandwidth is
not anything to be concerned about.

The biggest annoyance has been for the pages to appear in the search
results of a CMS type installation.  I use this script to keep that
from happening.

http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/cmsb-cmsmode.php

Hagan