[pmwiki-users] help: Google not indexing the entire site

bram brambring bram.brambring at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:32:55 CDT 2006

> >    Please help me out
>
> How long has your site been online?

Correct,

It can take a couple of monty before the googlebot really starts going.

You can help him (her?) by settings up an sitemap (as in index, don't
confuse with the google sitemap mentioned earlier)

Create a page for example Main/Index add

(:pagelist fmt=title:)

and link to Main/Index from your sidebar.

The fastest way to get new pages into google is to add:

(:include RecentChanges count=10:) to the sidebar. (However
RecentChanges is quite ugly, I use a RecentPages list with a simpler
syntax). So from every page on your site it is just 1 jump to the new
page.So whatever page googlebot hits, it knows about the new page.

Usely it takes like 1-2 days to get a new pages indexed on my sites.

Both examples are life on:

http://www.brambring.nl/Main/StartPagina

Ensure to get  incoming links to your site, otherwise google will
never like you.

bram