[pmwiki-users] FAST Data Project done...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jul 31 23:13:15 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Well maybe not completely done, but functional enough to release.
Here's a few lines from the recipe which can be found at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FASTData:

>><<
Maintainer: Caveman
Categories: Forms, PageVariables, Pulldown Menus, Data

Questions answered by this recipe

    * How can I store user form data in my wiki and retrieve it again as needed?
    * Is there a way to customize my site based on user
preferences--and save these preferences between sessions?
    * Is there a way to allow members to update personal information
through forms, and then search that data?
    * How can I create dynamic pulldown menu and use it to go to the
selected page?
    * How can I track student progress and enable sections of my site
based on their accomplishments?
    * Is there a way to have different forms on different pages,
manipulating different subsets of the same data?
    * Is there an easy way to create a shoutbox? A shopping cart? etc.

Note: actually, to list all the applications of this recipe would take
a while. This recipe will enable you to do just about anything you
want with a form in PmWiki. And all in about 80 lines of code! :)
>><<

Feedback, bug reports, potential security risks, and help with some of
the minor tasks yet to do (listed under the release notes) are all
welcome.  Thanks to everyone's help for making this possible. I think
a lot of people are gonna like this!

Cheers,
Caveman