[pmwiki-users] Page TOC listing showing up center-aligned

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:21:14 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 04:30:47PM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> > I notice someone has already posted a note about this problem near the
> > bottom of http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTableOfContents -
> > the toc listing is showing up center-aligned in some cases.
> >
> > Naturally, this problem would crop up with a recipe that's used when a
> > page is too complex to allow for easy diagnosis, but I think that
> > %center%, used somewhere else on the page, is what's causing it.  Has
> > anyone tackled this?
>
> It would help to know what skin is being used.  For example, at
> least one version of the "NotSoSimpleSkin" would cause *all*
> tables in a page to be automatically center-aligned (I don't know
> if this has been fixed yet).

In my case, the skin is home-grown (and largely table-based).  I could
attach the .tmpl and .css files, I suppose, if anyone wanted to look,
but from the evidence of someone else posting on the same issue, it
must not be *just* my skin.  And fwiw, I wasn't having any problem
with tables being center-aligned, just the bullet-items in the toc
list.

BY the way, I did find that the problem goes away if I use

>>center<<
!!Section Heading
>><<

Instead of