[pmwiki-users] How to generate a list of categories?

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Jul 20 03:48:38 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud said...

> I've been thinking about adjusting the [[!category]] markup so
> that it automatically creates (blank) category target pages if
> they don't already exist.

Argh! No, please don't do this. I have functionality that relies on the
page not being there. I have categories that I hide on the page, but use
to generate lists. These categories must not be displayed in the
category list.

e.g.

  >>display=none<<
  Categories: [[!Invisible]]
  >><<

and to list

  (:pagelist link=Category.Invisible fmt=#title order=title:)

When the page is needed, it is easy to create.

--
Best,
Marc